Hey, all! I’ve skipped the last few Top 5 Wednesdays because they were categories I wasn’t totally excited about, but I’m back again now to share with you the top 5 books I want to finally read in 2017. These are all books that I’ve either had on my TBR for ages or are books that have come out awhile ago that I finally want to read. As usual, Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey and is now hosted by Sam. You can find the Goodreads group here. Lastly, these books are in no particular order.
5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: This gained a lot of instant hype when it first came out, but I really had no interest at the time. Years later, there’s something I find intriguing about it. I think maybe my reading taste has just changed. Either way, I got a used copy of this, and I definitely want to get to it next year. It’s just sitting there on my shelf, looking way too pretty to ignore. Unfortunately, my end-of-year and January tbr are already pretty tight, so this’ll have to wait just a little longer.
4. American Gods by Neil Gaiman: I’ve had this book (and its sequel) for quite a long time now, but I keep putting it off because of its size. I may actually read it in January for a read-a-thon (more on that soon), but if I don’t get to it, then sometime later for sure. I can’t put this book off any longer. One of my goals this year was to read more Neil Gaiman, and I failed miserably at that, so that particular goal will probably just get carried over to 2017.
3. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson: I only recently traded with someone for a copy of this book, and that’s because I read an older work by this author and really didn’t like it. After that, I was super skeptical about this series for years. However, a lot of people I trust have really enjoyed this trilogy, and it’s gotten great reviews, so I definitely want to give it a try now. I suppose it is unfair of me to judge based on a work the author did a long time ago.
2. What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami: I purchased this last year while I was abroad in London because I’d heard so much about the author and wanted to give him a try. I chose this book in particular because it had a pretty cover and because it was about long distance running, something near and dear to my heart. It looks like a quick, insightful read, but for some reason I just keep forgetting about it. It’s also on my TBR for January’s read-a-thon, but we’ll see if I get to it then…I feel like a broken record ha.
1. Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson: Okay, these books were huge a couple years ago, and I own the whole trilogy, but I still haven’t finished it. I’m actually about halfway through the first book, but I ended up putting it down indefinitely to read other new releases, and then I forgot about it. I really enjoyed what I did read, but I hate just abandoning books halfway, so I definitely need to finish this one in 2017. I’m honestly ashamed that I never completed these books oops.
– – –
There are, of course, plenty more books that could’ve been on this list, but these are just the ones I desperately need to read. Hopefully I can finally finish them all next year (I think it’s quite doable).
What books do you plan to finally read in 2017? Let me know below!
Until next time,