I’m back again with another Top 5 Wednesday! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done one of these, but I liked today’s topic, so here we are. If you want to be part of T5W or would like to learn more about how it works, you can join the Goodreads group here!
As the title suggests, I’ll be giving my top 5 authors that I’m waiting to release a new book. Note: This topic is more geared toward authors who haven’t released a book in awhile or have a book that has supposedly been coming out “soon” for the last few years but has yet to get a title, cover, release date, synopsis, etc. This does not mean authors with releases coming out soon that I’m highly anticipating. Got that? Okay, let’s go!
5. Gabrielle Zevin (The Storied Life of AJ Fikry, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, & more): As far as I know, Zevin has recently released a book in Italian (I believe), but I haven’t seen anything else since 2014. I’ve read most of her past works and have enjoyed all of them. I feel like Zevin is a bit underrated, but Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac was one of my favorite books as a teenager and really got me into YA. I look forward to more from her.
4. John Green (The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, & more): I’m sure I definitely won’t be the only person with John Green on their list. TFiOS came out four and a half years ago. John, it’s time. I know he’s been working on something all this time, but it seems like he’ll never finish. I won’t lie; I’m not as crazy about his work as I once was, but I’m still curious about what he’ll do next. This next book could prove to be a make or break for me.
3. Michelle Hodkin (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer trilogy): I absolutely loved the Mara Dyer trilogy, and I anticipated Michelle Hodkin becoming an auto-buy author. But she hasn’t released anything since. The Shaw Confessions is coming out sometime in the future (???), but we haven’t heard any updates about that in awhile. Don’t get me wrong, I love Noah Shaw, and I’ll probably read this (these?) when it/they come out, but I was hoping for something non-Mara Dyer related. I want a new, dark, twisted story for Michelle! I’ll be waiting.
2. Jandy Nelson (The Sky is Everywhere, I’ll Give You the Sun): I read The Sky is Everywhere shortly after its release and fell absolutely in love with Jandy’s story-telling. I read I’ll Give You the Sun right when it came out and loved that too. It’s no secret that I don’t read a lot of contemporary, but Jandy is one of my favorites in the genre. I need a new book from her yesterday!
1. Markus Zusak (The Book Thief, I Am the Messenger): The Book Thief is one of my favorite books of all time, and I know many others feel the same way. Markus Zusak is a masterful story-teller, and I have been waiting for a new book from him for what feels like an eternity. He’s had Bridge of Clay on Goodreads for years, but there’s still no release date, cover, anything else. I need, need, need!
– – –
Of course there are sooo many authors who have books I’m anticipating, but these authors are the ones who haven’t released anything in a bit. And yeah, I know George R.R. Martin is missing here, but I haven’t finished all the previous books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, so I didn’t feel right adding it.
Let me know which authors you’re dying to have a new book from below!
Until next time,